2015 Sacfit Ultra Runners Winter/Spring Program
Ultra Runners is
pleased to announce the opening of our 2015 Winter/Spring Ultra
Marathon training program. Our first meeting is December 13, 2014,
at 2 p.m.
meeting place for orientation and
in-person registration is at:
Ultra is a fun, yet serious, ultra-marathon training program. The
program is specially tailored for our two target races - The Way To
Cool (WTC) 50K and the American River (AR) 50 Mile Endurance
those who've qualified for Western State 100, we also provide an
informal training program for the balance of your training from April
Because our program is geared toward strong
coaching interaction with each individual teammate, the 2015
team is limited to 50 people.
do fill up fast, so we encourage you to sign up soon. Online
registration is now open! CLICK
HERE TO JOIN.
- Expert coaching and mentor support.
Coaches are veteran ultra-runners having completed numerous ultras
including WTC, AR50, RDL100K and Western States 100.
- Three (3) supervised workout per
week (Sat, Sun, and Tues)
- Coach-led groups for the weekend workouts.
- Coach-supervised mid-week workouts
for stair and track venues
- In-person and e-mail support for
individual questions regarding training and running related
AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- Whole season schedule provided at
the beginning of the program.
- Proven training program that
maximizes success and minimizes injury. (99.5% of the past Sacfit Ultra
team members entering the WTC and AR50 have finished within the cutoff.
Only one has not made the cutoff (due to an injury during the race) so
we are confident our program will get you to your goal!
- Varied training venues to provide
complete coverage and thorough knowledge of the entire WTC
and AR50 courses.
- Seminars and emails on nutrition,
apparel, footwear, form, core work & stretching.
- Oasis Stations (more than just
water and electrolyte) provided for some trail workouts, including
- Tech-fiber Team Jersey with Sacfit
Ultra team logo.
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Roseville.
- Inspirational, encouraging,
knowledgeable, and motivational coaches!
While our program accommodates a broad spectrum of athletic talent,
fitness, and experience, ultra-marathon training is a serious and
challenging endeavor requiring certain minimum aptitudes. The Sacfit
Ultra Runner training program requires the following:
• You must have trained for, or completed, a marathon during
November or December of 2014.
• You should be comfortable with a flat surface pace of 12:00
per mile or faster for a distance of at least 15 miles.
For those interested in training for the WTC, you must
register for the WTC lottery in order to be eligible for
entry into the race. Lottery opens December 1, 2014
here to register
For those interested in training for the AR50, we strongly advise you
register now. Registration is now open. Click
here to register.
- Registration into training program
does not include AR50 or WTC entry fees
- There are no refunds at any time
for any reason
- There are no exchanges or transfers
at any time for any reason